Home selling is a long process that needs adequate skills and expertise from realtors for a smooth process. Realtors need to ensure that the home gets off the market within the shortest time possible. It’s one of the best ways the homeowners would get satisfied with the services.
The realtor will also stand a better chance of retaining potential customers for subsequent businesses. Realtors need to understand the crucial steps to take from the start to the end of the home-selling for a smooth and successful process. Below are the steps that realtors need to consider when selling a home.
Stage the Home Properly To Attract Buyers
Home staging is the first step that a realtor needs to consider when selling a home. It helps create appeal to potential customers, and that’s what drives a quick purchase and value to the more home. Though staging is a complex process, realtors need to ensure that the home’s look has the wow factor. The first impression of the buyers over the house matters the most. It gives the buyer a clear picture of the home.
A highly appealing house attracts many buyers, making it highly competitive. Staging the home is more than decluttering as some realtors think. They need to collaborate with the homeowner to ensure that there are crucial changes in the home. If not, it might be hard to please potential buyers.
Here is what the home needs to look like to create a significant impact during the process.
Curb appeal- The home exterior is the first part that a potential buyer would look at as they enter the home. It needs a boast so that the potential buyers would fall in love with it at the fight sight.
Realtors need to collaborate with the homeowner to clean the sidewalks, the driveway, mowing and clearing dirt and debris from the compound and grooming trees. Re-structure the house numbers and make them easy for the potential buyers to read. Other things that need consideration are:
- The home needs to strike a balance to the prospective buyers. Meaning, there should be no personal items around the home. They should only retain essential items that the potential buyer would need.
- The home should be decorated with neutral colors such as gray or white and other items to create a homey welcome. The flowerbeds should also stay clean and healthy, and the flowers need to spruce up to give an inviting look.
- Realtors need to ensure that the home backyard looks like a paradise. It’s one of the areas that many potential buyers focus on during the physical check. Ensure that the home backyard gets decorated with appealing items.
Home staging is a big deal before listing. It makes realtors have a smooth selling experience and can make the home sell at a much higher value than the anticipated rate. If there is no home staging, the process might be the most difficult, and the house might stay on the market for an extended period.
Use a Professional Photographer
Pictures speak louder and more precise. They make a big difference in real estate, thanks to high technological trends. Buyers can quickly have an intimate vision of the home through the photos in the comfort of their homes and make quick and timely decisions.
Since most buyers have smart devices and access the internet, they can quickly see the location, square footage, and the home appeal through photos. It helps them to narrow down their searches, creating a smooth selling process for the realtors.
Once a buyer identifies the home through photos, they can contact the realtor for the next step. That’s why it’s crucial to use a professional photographer to get the right photos before marketing the home. The photographer should have adequate photography skills to produce high-quality photos that will play a significant role in marketing. The photos will be essential for marketing materials such as flyers and direct mail.
Homes with quality photos printed on the handouts sell faster because of the best lighting during photography, high-quality features, and the right pictorial angles. The quality photos also make marketing materials look colorful and eye-catchy.
Quality helps in a quick sell and also increases the value of the home in the listings. It’s the impression that the buyers create towards the home before doing a physical check that determines how first and how well the home gets off the market.
Use Direct Mail to Send Postcards
Sending postcards using direct email is fast, effective, targeted, and less costly. It’s the most popular method for realtors because it attracts more leads and potential buyers. The direct mailing also engages the prospective clients at a close range and promotes the listing awareness. Realtors need to use a direct mail company like Wise Pelican, which specializes in real estate.
- Direct mail for realtors helps to identify potential buyers’ demographics
- It’s less costly than other forms of advertisements such as TV or radio
- Realtors can measure and track the direct mails on the potential and new leads
- The process takes a few minutes allowing realtors to save time
- Make announcements such as an open house, or hot property on sale
- Boosts brand awareness and helps a realtor stand out from the crowd in the targeted area
- Sending postcards doesn’t require the name or addresses of the potential buyers on the mailing list
- Send to the target list of potential buyers in the neighborhood
- Can be kept for future use unlike other forms of marketing
- Introduce a new realtor in the community
- Send out cash purchase real estate advertisements.
Use Other Marketing Platforms
There are many other accelerated platforms that realtors can leverage to market the home. So many potential buyers have digital devices and can access the listing from anywhere. Apart from direct mail for realtors, they can also spread the home listing word through social media channels, email marketing, and an open house.
Realtors can use the platforms to post house photos, fliers, and relevant marketing materials. They can create paid ads, videos, go live, and post listings on the various social media platforms. They can also use send out blast emails with more content and make email follow up.
Provide a Thank You’ Gift’
We are living in a digital era where almost everything is digitalized. However, after selling a home, realtors need to offer a handwritten or a mail thank you note, or word of mouth to the client. It speaks volumes to the clients and makes them feel special and taken care of. The opportunity helps you remind the clients how much you care for them, your loyalty, and the professional level, which sets you up for future business.