Are you feeling a little run down and in need of a workspace refresh? Maybe your current setup is no longer working for you or you’re just bored with the same old thing. If you’re feeling like your workspace is in a rut, or you just need a change of scenery there are several ideas to try. From sprucing up the walls to letting a bit of sunlight into your workplace, these tips will help you refresh your space and get back to being productive, inspired, and reinvigorated.
1. Paint the walls a new color
One way to try and refresh your workspace is by painting the walls a new color. This can be a great way to add some life to a room that may feel a bit stale. If you’re not sure what color to choose, take into account the furniture and other decors in the room. You may want to go with a complementary color or similar shade to create a cohesive look. If you run out of ideas for your new color, hiring professional painters is an excellent idea. These pros have the knowledge and experience when it comes to choosing the right paint finish and choosing colors that reflect your personality or those that help you feel more productive. Here are some ideas to try.
- Blue is said to be a calming color, so it’s a great choice for those who work best in a relaxed environment.
- Green is one of the most popular choices for office paint colors because it’s associated with productivity and new beginnings.
- Yellow is often used to create a cheerful atmosphere and promote happiness.
- Red is known for its energizing effects, so it can be great for those who need an extra boost during the day.
No matter what color you choose, refreshing your workspace with a new coat of paint is sure to help you feel more productive and motivated.
2. Add some plants
Adding plants to your workspace is a great way to help freshen things up while also providing some added benefits. Not only do they make your space look more inviting, but they can also improve air quality and help reduce stress levels. So if you’re looking for a quick way to brighten up your desk area, consider adding a few plants. Plants can also help refresh your surroundings and give you a boost of energy. Not only do they add some visual interest, but many plants also release oxygen into the air, helping to improve your concentration and productivity. Here are some plants that are perfect for adding a little greenery to your desk.
- Aloe Vera: This succulent is known for its medicinal properties, but it’s also great for improving air quality. Aloe Vera is easy to care for and can thrive in indirect sunlight or low-light environments.
- Snake Plant: The Snake Plant is one of the best plants for improving indoor air quality. It releases oxygen at night, making it ideal for bedrooms or offices. It’s also very low maintenance and can tolerate low light levels.
- Boston Fern: The Boston Fern is a popular choice for adding some life to a workspace. It thrives in humid environments and requires weekly watering.
- Peace Lily: The Peace Lily is another plant that’s great for improving air quality. It’s also one of the easiest plants to care for, requiring only moderate levels of sunlight and water.
3. Create a focal point
If your current workspace feels a little too bland or too open, try adding a focal point to help create some visual interest. By adding something eye-catching to your workspace, you’ll help make it feel more like your own and inspire you to spend more time in it. One way to do this is by adding plants or flowers. Adding plants or flowers to your workspace is a great way to brighten up the space and add some life. Not only will this help to refresh your space, but it can also help improve air quality. Hang a piece of art can help add visual interest to your space and provide a focal point. Choose something that reflects your personal style or that brings you joy when you look at it. If you’re looking for an easy way to refresh your workspace, adding a new piece of furniture can be a great option. Choose something that’s in line with your style and that will help you be more productive. Also, accessories can be a great way to add personality to your workspace and refresh the space. Try adding a few new pieces that reflect your personal style.
4. Bring in some natural light
Bringing in some natural light is a great way to refresh your workspace, and it has many benefits for your mental health and productivity! Sunlight has been shown to boost moods and cognitive function, so take advantage of it when you can! Here are some ideas for refreshing your workspace using natural light:
- Open up the windows and curtains. If it’s a nice day, take advantage of the sunshine and fresh air!
- Sit near a window. If you can’t open the window, try sitting close to one so you can still benefit from the sunlight.
- Spend time outside. Get some fresh air and natural light by taking a break outside.
- Use a lightbox. If you’re not able to get enough natural light, consider using a lightbox to help boost your mood and energy.
Sunlight is a powerful tool for boosting mental health and productivity, so try bringing in some natural light to refresh your workspace!
So if you’re feeling in need of a workspace makeover, try out one of these ideas and see how it works for you. These are just four ideas to try if you’re looking to refresh your workspace. There are lots of different ways to make your space feel more like your own, so play around and see what works best for you. Chances are, you’ll start to feel more inspired and motivated in no time. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the process!