Education is costly whether it is in school or for higher studies in a college. There are many free community colleges, and to further ease up your financial difficulties, there are lots of easy scholarships available, but to win those, you will need to know the ways to find it, apply for it, and win it.
Applying for scholarships is in every ways stressful as well as timeconsuming, especially if you want to apply for awards that are really competitive. It is therefore necessary that you know the right type of scholarships to apply for which has fair bit of chance of winning.
If you want to win some easy scholarship money there are a few specific steps to follow.
- First, you will have to know what it is really meant by the terms ‘easytowin’ scholarships.
- Then, you will need to know which is really good and suitable for your purpose.
- Lastly, you must know how to put together a successful application.
Now, what makes an easy to win scholarship? There are several popular national, international, private and government scholarships provided for students looking for higher education in some of the most reputed colleges. However, since every student look for these awards you will have to compete with several thousands of applicants which lead to the obvious question: How then it is easy? Moreover, you cannot entirely count on winning most scholarships.
Scholarships involve a large sum of money and even if you have all the necessary qualifications and eligibility, chances of your winning these scholarships will be pretty slim. This is simply due to the reason that there area large number of applicants for the same scholarship that you want to have.
However, when it comes to easy scholarships to win, you do have a better chance to walk away with the money irrespective of the fact that the amount may be relatively small. There are a very few such scholarships that will guarantee an award but for that you will essentially need to meet with all award the required criteria. It is for this reason you are suggested to look into multiple places where the chances of winning such scholarships is at least on the higher side than the average.
Winning and applying
Consider scholarships that are easy to apply attract a lot of applicants making it almost like a lottery which is not free and you cannot count on the winning possibilities. There is a significant difference between easy to win scholarships and easy to apply scholarships. You may find easy scholarships in large numbers but all may not have a very short, simple, and easy application process. It is smart to apply for scholarships that are easy to apply because you will not require spending a lot of time, effort and energy in it.
However, if you ever come across any scholarship application that seems too good to be true to you, then it probably is. There are several scholarship organizations, especially the private organizations, whichmay guarantee winnings to the applicants. In most of the cases these organizations will ask you to furnish sensitive information such as your Social Security Number along with the application. Few may even go a step ahead and ask for a payment. Consider all these to be a scam.
Therefore, you must take care of a few points before you start your journey. These are:
- Be careful about furnishing sensitive information
- Make sure that your applications go to only legitimate organizations
- Do a bit of research and legwork as there is no short list of easy scholarships to win
- Know everything you need to know about the awards before you apply.
Look for niche awards
The simplest and most effective way to do this is by looking for, sticking to and applying for only niche awards. You may follow these specific steps for best results.
- Make sure that it has a very small and specific application pools. This is because, smaller the group, less will be the competition you will have to deal with.
- Try to avoid those scholarships that primarily lookfor students with leadership potential as well as impressive grades since you are looking for easy scholarships.
•Make sure that you know your ‘niche’ for sure and therefore spend some time in this regard. This will be well time spent.
- Know about the criteria that these niche scholarships look for in their target students. It may be unique interests, special skills, specific backgrounds, and affiliations of specific club or groups.
Be very specific about the niche scholarship matches as the list you may find is not exhaustive. Find those that will covermost of the important bases. You will be better off if you use the scholarship specific search tools and even Google to find your niche award matches.
For a better brainstorming in your preliminary stage when you look for niche awards you may look into different categories.
- Special skill and interest: It can involve writing and journalism, arts, music, dance, any other visual arts, debate, community service, social justice activities or civil rights.
- Special background: You may also look for religious, racial or ethnic background, LGBTQ, health, physical or learning disability, family veteran or personal status.
- Club or group affiliation: Ideally, there are too many names to include in this list but the most common categories to look for NAACP, Society of Women Engineers, scouts groups, and much more.
Lastly and most importantly, always stick to local scholarships when you apply. These local scholarships are niche by definition and are meant for students residing in a specific area. However, these scholarships are often smaller but these are essentially much less competitive as compared to the major national awards. This means you will have a far better chance of winning.
Therefore, narrow down your geographic focus when you search so that you can narrow down the competition in turn. You can use the online scholarship search tools or take guidance of your college counselor or even take help of the local community or cultural centers for that matter.