No one actually enjoys moving house and when you consider the various aspects of relocating, it is no wonder that it is not on anyone’s list of favourite things to do. Homeowners who have moved a few times will tell you that the key to a stress-free move is to find a good removal company, as they will take control of everything, and with that in mind, here are a few tips for sourcing a good local removal contractor.
- Prepare a list of questions – Prior to inviting a removal company to quote for your project, you should prepare a list of questions, and the answers can help you make the right choices. You might, for example, contact 2 or 3 removalists and you can ask each to pay you a visit to discuss the finer details, when you can ask your questions. Things like: “Are you insured?”, “Are your workers directly employed?”, and “Do you have secure temporary storage?”
- Customer reviews – One good way to discover the level of service offered by a removal contractor is to ask to see some customer reviews, and any established removalist would be able to furnish you with a list of customers. If people are generally very pleased with the service, this is a good indication of what to expect, should you decide to proceed.
- Adequate resources – There are cheap removalists Gold Coast relies on like Vic Palmer Removals and Storage who are an established local company that have the resources to carry out the move. In the event of a vehicle breakdown or employee absenteeism, an established removal company would have the resources to make adjustments and keep the project on track. Your relocation should not have to depend on factors like vehicle or manpower availability, so do look for a firm that has more than ample resources.
- Temporary secure storage – Many relocations cannot be completed in a single day, which might be due to handing over the keys to the new home being delayed, or that you must vacate your old home a few days before you can move into the new property, so it is important that the removalist has secure storage facilities.
- Comprehensive insurance – No matter how careful a team might be when handling your personal possessions, accidents do happen, which is why you should check that the removal contractor is fully insured to cover any eventuality.
Of course, there are many removal companies out there, and by considering all of the above, you should be able to determine which is the best company to fully meet your needs. If you have a friend or colleague that has recently moved, you have nothing to lose by asking them how they felt about the removal contractor they chose, and who knows, you might receive a glowing recommendation.