Summary: While designing your small living space, experts recommend you choose your couch first and then its design and couch covers.
More than a mere seating, a couch is arguably the most crucial element in your room. It anchors every other object inside it. There are rooms with couches in neutral colors, style, or monochromatic patterns. They click well with other furniture.
- You also have bright, bold couches that make a statement, and everything else supports it. Being the busiest piece in the space, it’s usually easier to start with the couch and build the rest.
- Materials are very important. Most people prefer textiles due to their textured and subtle weave.
- They stand out from the design perspective and are very comfortable. Comfort is the prime feature in this regard.
Even completely natural fibers can endure heavy usage with wool, flax, linen, and hemp. If color rattles you, settle for neutral shades as the room’s foundation. Browns and greys have warm tones and fascinating weaves, offering depth.
Characterizing your living room
In terms of entertainment, your living room is no less important than the kitchen. In the context of furniture, you need to have an honest outlook. It has to be both comfortable and good-looking.
From knowing what you’re working with and considering your room’s scale to get the right couch, you also need to ensure the right color and accent for your couch covers.
- You can surely use multiple seating locations inside the same room. Your seating arrange must reflect the multiple ways in which you use your room. For instance, a sectional sofa can create a comfy area for group chillouts.
- A pair of armchairs can tailor more cozy and intimate conversations. If you’re fond of hosting large parties, pulling your armchairs would be a great idea to make room for each guest.
- Consider choosing a design that assures durability. If you have pets or a large family, durability is an imperative.
- Leather couches integrate strain-resistant properties. Detachable and flexible cushion covers or pretty slipcovers ensure easy and fast cleaning.
- There are durable fabrics that resist years of use. Leather entails a timeless feel and style. You can easily wipe it down. It will cultivate an alluring patina that ages with time, further adding to the look.
Know the variations
If you have a compact home, a multi-purpose couch would be ideal for you. There are couches that have in-built storage or doubles up as a comfortable sleeper.
- Sectional couches are very practical options. They are also called modular sofas. You make them with single-seat units that cater to different configurations.
- There are L-shaped couches with fantastic built-in covers and footstools.
- Homeowners often go for these big couches, but you can also find compact versions.
- A sleeper couch of a sofa-bed does justice to its name. You can either fold it out for creating a single or double bed. It’s an ideal option for anybody with a proper guest bedroom.
If you want it to accommodate two people only, consider getting a love seat. They are best for close friends or lovers. They are pretty safe and snug too.