There are many types of content that you can include on your website for SEO purposes. In this post, we’ll be focusing mainly on the types of content. Read on to learn more.
Types Of Content For SEO
SEO content can involve any of these:
- Product pages – They are critical for e-commerce since they directly influence revenue. A product page that is well-structured can have two functions: It can have SEO content and it can be a PPC landing page.
- Blog posts – Blogs are excellent for generating continuous articles with effective SEO content. Generally, blog posts are more likely to be engaging and attracting links. They offer the perfect platform for building site authority.
- Articles – This can involve interviews, news articles, or featured posts. This is usually the primary type of content you’ll see in magazine-style or newspaper websites.
- Lists – Lists are basically just articles, however, are framed as a list. For example: 5 Tips for saving money on your utility bills. These types of articles are easier to scan, and the titles are generally more effective in getting users to click on them and to read more.
- Guiles – A guide is usually a longer piece of writing with content that explains more elaborately about a topic. These guides can be broken up in more than one web page, however it’s recommended to keep content on a singular page. Some people post a summary and prompt readers to subscribe in order to read the entire guide. This is an excellent way of generating leads, however it could mean you’re lowering the amount of SEO traffic that can be driven to the guide. See SponsoredLinx SEO Services if you require assistance with creating quality content for your site.
- Videos – There are usually fewer videos on the internet as opposed to pages of text, therefore it’s generally easier to rank on the first page, using a competitive keyword rather than creating a video as a substitute for an article. It all depends on which type of business you are operating. In some instances, videos are excellent tools for attracting and reaching a target audience.
- Infographics – These are large-format images that usually has charts or graphs about a topic. They can sometimes get a lot of links and views. The content is embedded within the image and not always recognised as text by the search engines. That’s why you have to pay attention when optimizing the remainder of the page.
- Slideshows – Slideshows are excellent for showcasing a range of related images. In some cases, pictures can say more than text. Just remember to SEO your captions, title and image files, so that there are some content for the search engines to pick up.
- Glossaries – More people make use of Google nowadays to look up terms than using an actual dictionary. A well-built glossary can be ideal to get more traffic, particularly if you’re working in a specialized industry. Think medical terms, cooking, terms, agricultural terms, etc.
- Directories – Directories are helpful classifications of links to sites or resources surrounding a specific topic. For instance, perfume blogs may have directories of the places where you can buy perfume.
We hope this post has been useful to you. Many people here the word SEO content floating around but have no idea about the many types of content that are found on the web.