If you are experimenting with new hair care products or want to avoid chemicals, natural oils will provide you with the nourishment your hair needs.
1. Burdock oil
Burdock oil (Bur oil) is extracted from the leaves and roots of the burdock plant that is native to Europe. The burdock is loaded with a number of beneficial constituent components, such as tannins, mucilage, inulin, vitamin A and essential fatty acids. Hair growth and scalp maintenance are often highlighted as the primary uses of burdock oil. Major health benefits of burdock oi include:
- Help to strengthen brittle hair by nourishing your scalp;
- Can help in the treatment of scalp infections, as well as irritation caused by dandruff;
- Aids in reducing scalp itching, redness, and other symptoms;
- Promotes hair growth. Regular use of the oil is promoted for helping restore the health and appearance of your scalp and hair.
2. Coconut oil
The oil comes from coconuts and is considered one of the most versatile oils. It is also used for skin and nipple nourishment (especially by pregnant and breastfeeding women) and oil pulling (for dental health). Coconut oil is rich in MCT and vitamin E.
The oil fits all hair types, but particularly those dry, damaged, and dull. Hair health benefits of coconut oil include:
- Protects against heat damage and repairing broken hair;
- Helps to prevent hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth and a healthy scalp;
- Improves the look of hair by retaining moisture in them and adding a beautiful, healthy gloss.
3. Argan oil
Also known as Moroccan oil, it is derived from nuts produced from argan trees. The oil is sometimes referred to as “liquid gold” because of its rich golden colour. It is also packed with Vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidants. Use it for brittle, dry, frizzy and coarse hair that is exposed to heat and frequently styled. Benefits:
- Protects hair against damage from both UV rays and heat;
- Moisturises and smoothes hair, making it manageable and soft.
4. Jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is the liquid obtained from the jojoba plant that is ideal for use in the hair as it shares many characteristics with sebum (natural oil our scalps produce). Jojoba oil is a great solution for damaged, dry, dull hair and those with dandruff and dry scalp issues. Benefits:
- Possesses antibacterial qualities;
- Moisturises hair, prevents dandruff and makes hair soft and shiny.
5. CBD oil
Cannabidiol is a natural remedy used for many common ailments. It is known as CBD, one of over 100+ chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. It is also available in various formats, starting from CBD oil capsules and tinctures to shampoos and masks. Here are five ways in which CBD oil can influence hair growth and health, as well as reduce hair loss.
- Encourages hair growth. CBD oil is packed with the goodness of omega fatty acids that seal moisture in the hair. Massaging the scalp with this oil soothes the scalp dryness by absorbing the nutrients and promotes hair growth;
- Improves hair growth by improving blood circulation in the area near hair follicles. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system and elevates cerebral blood circulation, which results in nutrients reaching the hair for good growth;
- Detoxes your hair of harmful chemical deposits and dust particles;
- Treats scalp conditions.CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing inflammation on the scalp, for example, eczema. The interaction of CBD influences the natural sebum levels in the scalp that reduces problems such as dandruff and dry scalp;
- Treats hormonal and stress-induced hair loss. Stress and hormonal fluctuations are considered some of the most common reasons for hair loss. CBD interacts with several receptors that control the hormone regulation functions in your body to achieve hormonal balance;
- Prevents hair damage and breakage. Exposure to pollution and UV radiation damages the very building blocks of your hair. CBD oil features a potent moisturising property that can help treat dry and lifeless hair, smoothen texture and creates a better appearance.
6. Sweet almond oil
This oil comes from the kernels inside edible almonds that have been specifically grown to have a sweet taste. Sweet almond oil is not only great for cooking but is also wonderful for your hair. It contains fatty acids, vitamin E, proteins and antioxidants, alongside magnesium, which reduces hair breakage and helps it grow. Use the oil for dry and damaged, dandruff-prone hair and if you have slow-growing hair or hair loss issues. Benefits:
- Moisturises, seals and protects hair against hair loss and breakage.
7. Olive oil
Olive oil is derived from pressing olives. When used regularly, olive oil can even replace the need to use conditioner and other hair-smoothing products — ideal for damaged, dull, frizzy hair, as well as hair that is dandruff-prone. The best choice is organic, extra virgin olive oil since it is rich in natural antioxidants and does not contain any chemical ingredients. Benefits:
- Coats the hair shaft and shields keratin — olive oil has protective qualities;
- Exfoliates scalp and helps to fight dandruff.